Melgarejo Frantoio Premium - Award Winning Cold Pressed EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2016-2017 Harvest, 17-Ounce Glass bottle
Award Winning Extra Virgin Olive Oil intense fruity, made exclusively of the frantoio olive variety an olive with unique sensorial characteristics,round flavor oil. This is a complex oil with hints of apple, fresh artichoke and green almond shell. Its flavor is sweet and slightly bitter and pungent with hints of bitter almond and dried fruit. OLIVE GROVE REGION: Malaga Andalusia, Spain. ALTITUDE: 475 mts. above sea level. VARIETY: 100% frantoio. HARVESTING SYSTEM: Mechanical means. HARVEST TIME: Beginning of November. EXTRACTION SYSTEM: Two phase continuous system. STORAGE: Stainless steel tanks with nitrogen. COLOR: Green filtered. PAIRING: Salads, pasta, potatoes, meat and cheese. ACIDITY: 0.19 only.Melgarejo is a family estate producer that has been in the olive oil business since the 18th century in Jaen, Andalusia, Spain. The current generation has demonstrated a vocation for Research and Development to extract hidden flavors and aromas from olives and thus, produce superlative olive oils. The results of their labor is this Award Winning Extra Virgin Olive Oils "Harvested Pre Envero in early Autumn to maximize the content of antioxidants and other health promoting nutrients.To conserve the health promoting compounds best used cold: dippings, salad dressings or just added cold to a hot dish at the time of serving.
- Producer of the Year Award 2010: The Olive Times
- Premio Alcuza: Best Olive Oil in the DPO "Sierra Magina" 2009-2010
- Premio Armonia, Turin: Grand Mention Diploma in the modality "Intense Fruity" 2009-2010
- Premio Alcuza: Best olive oil en the DPO "Sierra Magina" 2008-2009
- Los Angeles County Fair: Silver Medal 2009 and 2010
- Los Angles County Fair: Gold Medal 2007
- GOURMET wins top award from Der Feinschmecker Gourmet magazine. Chosen among more than 300 oils from all around the world.2011
- Grand mention diploma in the category "Intense fruity" in the 5th International Olive Oil Competition - ARMONIA organised by the International Extra Virgin Olive Oil Agency.2011
- Alcuza award - best olive oil in the PDO "Sierra Magina". Harvest 10/11.
- 2012 Silver Medal Robust Category Picual Andalucia. Los Angeles International Olive Oil Competition